News and Guide

News from DL and information on the financial market and Swiss romande real estate

Published by : dl

Household insurance

Shared by tenants and owners, this insurance provides protection against potential calamities that may affect movable property which is an integral part of the household. In the canton of Vaud this coverage is mandatory with regard to the risk of fire and only ECA (Etablissement Cantonal d’Assurance Incendie – Cantonal Fire Insurance Institution) provides this service.

Learn more

Building insurance

Building insurance covers the body of the building against the four principal risks of property insurance: fire, water damage, theft and glass breakage.

Learn more

Construction / construction works insurance

Building insurance covers only properties that are finished; nevertheless, they had first to be built and every finished structure is very likely to be at least once renovated, converted or expanded. And each construction phase brings its own dangers. Construction and construction works insurance is meant to cover such dangers.

Learn more